Dr. Hu Yu
Professor，School of Journalism & Communication, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Economics, International Finance, Tsinghua University, China;
Master of Arts, Journalism and Communication, Tsinghua University, China;
Doctor of Laws, Marxist Theory and Education in Ideology and Politics, Tsinghua University, China;
Visiting Scholar, University of Southern California, USA
Theory of Journalism and Communication, Corporate Communication, Communication of Science and Technology, Strategy Communication, National Image
Principles of Journalism, Marxist View of Journalism, Public Opinion, and Strategy Communication
Working successively as the Team Leader of Students Work, Deputy Party Secretary, and Political Instructor in the Party Committee of the School of Humanities and Social Science, Tsinghua University.
Director-general of the Division II of Research and Investigation of the Executive Office in the Ministry of Science and Technology of the PRC.
Director of the Department of Review and Theory in Science and Technology Daily; Editor-in-Chief of Science and Technology Daily.
Director of the Editorial Department in Frontier Science; Chairman of the Youth League in Science and Technology Daily.
Deputy Director-General of the News Center of State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council.
Member of All-China Youth Federation; Professor in the School of Journalism and Communication, Tsinghua University.
Standing director of China Soft Science Research Institute.
Ministry of science and technology - the Shanghai pujiang innovation BBS founding secretary general.
Member of academic committee, Vice Chairman of the State-owned Key Enterprises media Union.
Chairman of the State-owned Key Enterprises image Union.
Honorary Chairman of the Enterprise Television Branch of China Television Artists Association.
Standing Director of the alumni association of Tsinghua University, Vice President of the National Image Research Center, Tsinghua University.
1.Yu Hu. The culture connotation of news communication. Journal of Tsinghua University (Philosophy and Social Sciences) 1997 (3)
2. Yu Hu. Reflections on the different expressions of one piece of news--on the concreteness, veracity, characteristics and profundity of news report. The Press.1997 (5)
3. Yu Hu. The depth and expression of the authenticity of the news. Journalism Lover.1998 (4)
4. Yu Hu. Study on the negative effects of news communication in China. Journal of Tsinghua University (Philosophy and Social Sciences).1998 (2)
5. Yu Hu. News on science and technology: impartial treatment of scientific and technological controversy. The Press.1998(4)
6. Yu Hu The definition of journalism: historical analysis and scientific reconstruction. Journal of Tsinghua University (Philosophy and Social Sciences).1999(1)
7. Yu Hu. Understand the news planning in a correct way. China Radio & TV Academic Journal.1999 (5)
8. Yu Hu. The connotation and the formation of the facts in news. The Press.1999 (2).
9. Yu Hu. News report: "objectivity" is not equal to the "authenticity". The Press.1999(3)
10.Yu Hu. Probe into the journalism paradox.(Section One, Section Two and Section Three). Contemporary Communication.1999 (2,3,4)
11. Yu Hu. Analysis of the works on journalism. (Section One, Section Two and Section Three). Contemporary Communication.1999(4,5,6)
12. Yu Hu. Grasp the forms of news review and the characteristics of report on science and technology. Chinese Journalist.2000(1)
13. Yu Hu. The news communication in the era of new media: problems and countermeasures. Chinese Journalist.2000(3)
14. Yu Hu. The skills to guide the public opinion about television news in America. China Radio & TV Academic Journal.2000(4)
15. Yu Hu. Study on the new methods of ideological and political work in the era of network. Journal of Tsinghua University(Philosophy and Social Sciences)2001(1)(Reprinted in Information Center for Social Science of RUC)
16. Yu Hu. The influence of mass media on contemporary university students. Journal of Tsinghua University(Philosophy and Social Sciences).2001(1)
17. Yu Hu. Talk on the communication of Internet news from the perspective of the audience. Contemporary Communication. 2001(1)
18. Yu Hu. The competition strategy for the traditional news in the era of network. Cheng Shi Dang Bao YanJiu. 2001(3)
19. Yu Hu. Analysis of the realization of the publicity effect. Journal of Hebei University (Philosophy and Social Sciences).2001(3)
20. Yu Hu, Zhuo Wu. The negative influence of the Internet on the youth's values. The. Youth Study. 2001(3)
21. Yu Hu. How to carry out the ideological and political education by the means of BBS. Journal of Ideological and Theoretical Education.2002(7) (Reprinted in Information Center for Social Science of RUC)
22. Yu Hu. Reflections on the construction of websites for ideological and political education. Journal of Ideological and Theoretical Education.2003 (6) (Reprinted in Information Center for Social Science of RUC)
23. Yu Hu. Thinking on the adjustment of talent structure. China Soft Science.2005(5)
24. Yu Hu. The important way to speed up the construction of an innovation-oriented country. China Soft science.2006(7)
25. Yu Hu.The connotation, experience and route to build an innovation-oriented city. Chinese Soft Science.2007(4)
26. Yu Hu. The evaluation and implementation of innovation-oriented city. Science & Technology Progress and Policy.2009(1)
27. Yu Hu. From "self independence" to "independent innovation" -- the strategic thinking and historical experience of the high-tech revolution in China . China Soft Science. 2010(8)
28. Yu Hu. Expecting the voice of state-owned enterprises. China Quality.2013(7)
29. Yu Hu. Cultivate the spirit of the member of the Communist Party by Yan’an Spirit. HongQi WenGao.2015(11)
30. Yu Hu. How to be a globalized corporate citizen. China SOE.2015(8)
31. Yu Hu. The building of the overseas image of Chinese enterprises : objectives and approaches. China Soft Science.2015(8)
32. Yu Hu. Create a transparent, sunny, and honest image of the state-owned enterprises. Modern SOE Research.2015(9)
1. Yu Hu, Introduction to Journalism and Communication. Beijing: China Radio and Television Press.
2. Yu Hu, Classics Selection in Journalism Theory. Beijing: Tsinghua University internal teaching material.
3. Yu Hu, Introduction to Journalism Communication in Science and Technology. Beijing: China Financial and Economic Press.
4. Yu Hu, Effect of Mass Communication: Problems and Countermeasures. Beijing: Xinhua Press.
5. Yu Hu, News and Public Opinion. Beijing: China Radio and Television Press.
6. Yu Hu, Information Networking and Innovation of Ideological and Political Education in Colleges and Universities. Beijing: Higher Education Press.
7. Yu Hu, Trends- China’s Sustainable Development led by Independent Innovation. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press.
8. Yu Hu, From Made-in-China to Create-in-China---Why Should We Build an Innovation-Oriented Country. Beijing: People’s Press.(The popular reading series of the key theory of the 17th National Congress of the Communist Party of China).
9. Yu Hu, Juqin Hu. (2011)(editor in chief) China Science and Technology Observation. Beijing: Intellectual Property Press.
Awards and Honors
1. "Introduction to journalism and communication of science and technology", the second prize of excellent teaching material, Tsinghua university, 2001
2. "Introduction to the Internet and Ideological and Political Work" (Co-authored), the first prize in the Seventh National Outstanding Youth book, the fifth China National Book Award Nomination, 2001.
3. "Mass communication" (co-authored), the second prize of excellent teaching material in common institutes of higher education in the Ministry of Education, 2002
4. The national medium and long-term science and technology development plan (2006-2020), important contribution to the Strategic Research Award,2004
5. The outstanding youth of the State Organs of the CPC, 2004
6."Technology innovation strategy and policy options in private technology enterprise" (Co-authored), the second prize in the tenth awarding ceremony of outstanding achievement in philosophy and social sciences in Jiangsu Province, 2005
7.“Information Networking and Innovation of Ideological and Political Education in Colleges and Universities”, the second prize in the 16th “LingShan Cup” excellent report awarding ceremony held by the Beijing municipal publicity department of CPC, 2006
8."Reflections on developing the composite-ownership enterprises actively and steadily", the first prize in the essay contest held by SASAC of the State Council after learning the essence of general secretary Xi Jinping’s important speech, 2014
9.“Invest for China’s Future”, the special prize in the 2th document writing skills contest in the offices directly under the authority of SASAC of the State Council,2015