GBJ students have opportunities to attend conferences on new media, economic development and other business topics. They benefit from meetings and discussions with guest speakers, including top editors and reporters from leading Chinese and Western news outlets as well as international business executives.
The program also benefits from its proximity to Tsinghua’s top education and research institutions, as well as to the many media and technology companies in Beijing. Internships, field trips and recruiter visits are integral parts of the program.
Guest lecturers this year have included:
• Zhang Hong, assistant editor-in-chief of the Economic Observer
• Edward Wong, New York Times correspondent in Beijing
• Whitney Foard Small, Regional Director of Communications for Asia Pacific, Ford Motor Co.
• Mike Chinoy, former CNN correspondent and now professor at USC Annenberg School
• Assistant U.S. Secretary of State Mike Hammer
• Lingling Wei, real estate reporter for the Wall Street Journal
• Evan Osnos, The New Yorker's Beijing correspondent
• Wang Dong Lin, editor of China Securities Journal
• Mark Briggs, consultant to Poynter Institute and author of “Entrepreneurial Journalism”